Using DATE function in Excel - formula examples to calculate dates

When it comes to calculating dates in Excel, DATE is the most essential function to understand. As you probably know, Excel does not keep the year, month and day for a date, nor does it explicitly store weekday information in a cell. Instead, Microsoft Excel stores dates as serial numbers and this is the main source of confusion.

Not all Excel date functions can recognize dates entered as text values, therefore it's not recommended to supply dates directly in calculations. Instead, you should use the DATE function to get a serial number representing the date, the number that Excel understands and can operate on.

Excel DATE function syntax

What the Excel DATE function does is return the serial number of a specified date. It has the following arguments:

DATE(year, month, day)

Year - represents the year of the date. Excel interprets the year argument according to the date system set up on your computer. By default, Microsoft Excel for Windows uses the 1900 system. In this date system:

• If year is between 1900 and 9999 inclusive, exactly that value is used for the year. For example, =DATE(2015, 12, 31) returns December 31, 2015.
  • If the year argument is between 0 and 1899 inclusive, Excel calculates the year by adding the specified number to 1900. For example, =DATE(100, 12, 31) returns December 31, 2000 (1900 + 100).
  • If year is less than 0 or greater than 9999, a DATE formula will return the #NUM! error.
Tip. To avoid confusion, always supply four digit years. For example, if you input "01" or "1" in the year argument, your DATE formula will return the year of 1901.

Month - an integer representing the month of the year, from 1 (January) to 12 (December).

• If month is greater than 12, Excel adds that number to the first month in the specified year. For example, =DATE(2015, 15, 5) returns the serial number representing March 1, 2016 (January 5, 2015 plus 15 months).
  • If month is less than 1 (zero or negative value), Excel subtracts the magnitude of that number of months, plus 1, from the first month in the specified year. For example, =DATE(2015, -5, 1) returns the serial number representing July 1, 2014 (January 1, 2015 minus 6 months).

Day - an integer corresponding to the day of the month, from 1 to 31.

As well as month, the day argument can be supplied as a positive and negative number, and Excel calculates its value based on the same principles as described above.

Tip. At first sight, supplying negative values in the month or day argument of the Excel DATE function may seem absurd, but in practice it may turn out quite useful, for example in the complex formula that converts a week number to a date.

The DATE function is available in all versions of Excel 2013, Excel 2010, Excel 2007, 2003, XP, 2000 as well as in Excel 2016.

Excel DATE formula examples

Blow you will find a few examples of using DATE formulas in Excel beginning with the simplest ones.

Example 1. A simple DATE formula to return a serial number for a date

This is the most obvious use of the DATE function in Excel:

=DATE(2015, 5, 20) - returns a serial number corresponding to 20-May-2015.

Instead of specifying the values representing the year, month and day directly in a date formula, you can get some or all arguments as results of other Excel date functions:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 1, 1) - returns the serial number for the first day of the current year.

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY(), 1) - returns the serial number for the first day of the current month in the current year.
Using the DATE function in Excel to get a serial number representing a date

Example 2. Excel DATE formula to return a date based on values in other cells

The DATE function is very helpful for calculating dates where the year, month, and day values are stored in other cells. For example:

=DATE(A2, A3, A4) - returns the serial number for the date, taking the values in cells A2, A3 and A4 as the year, month and day arguments, respectively.

Excel DATE formula to return a date based on values in other cells

Example 3. DATE formula to convert a text string to a date

Another scenario when the Excel DATE function proves useful is when the dates are stored in the format that Microsoft Excel does not recognize, for instance DDMMYYYY. In this case, you can use DATE in liaison with other functions to convert a date stored as a text string into a serial number representing the date:

=DATE(RIGHT(A2,4), MID(A2,3,2), LEFT(A2,2))
DATE formula to convert a text string to a date

Example 4. Adding and subtracting dates in Excel

As already mentioned, Microsoft Excel stores dates as serial numbers and operates on those numbers in formulas and calculations. That is why when you want to add or subtract some days to/from a given date, you need to convert that date to a serial number first by using the Excel DATE function. For example:

• Adding days to a date:

=DATE(2015, 5, 20) + 15

The formula adds 15 days to May 20, 2015 and returns June 4, 2015.

• Subtracting days from a date:

=DATE(2015, 5, 20) - 15

The result of the above formula is May 5, 2015, which is May 20, 2015 minus 15 days.

• To subtract a date from today's date:

=TODAY()-DATE(2015,5,20)

The formula calculates how many days are between the current date and some other date that you specify.

DATE formulas to add and subtract dates in Excel

If you are adding or subtracting two dates that are stored in some cells, then the formula is as simple as =A1+B1 or A1-B1, respectively.

For more information, please see:

Advanced Excel DATE formulas

And here are a few more examples where Excel DATE is used in combination with other functions in more complex formulas:

Using Excel DATE formulas in conditional formatting

In case you want not only to calculate but also highlight dates in your Excel worksheets, then create conditional formatting rules based on DATE formulas.

Supposing you have a list of dates in column A and you want to shade dates that occurred earlier than 1-May-2015 in orange and those that occur after 31-May-2015 in green.

The DATE formulas you want are as follows:

Orange: =$A2<DATE(2015, 5, 1) - highlights dates less than 1-May-2015

Green: =$A2>DATE(2015, 5, 31) - highlights dates greater than 31-May-2015
Using Excel DATE formulas in conditional formatting

For the detailed steps and more formula examples, please see How to conditionally format dates in Excel.

How to make date formulas in Excel with Date & Time Wizard

Though DATE is the main function to work with dates in Excel, a handful of other functions are available to tackle more specific tasks. You can find the links to in-depth tutorials at the end of this article.

Meanwhile, I'd like to present you our Date & Time Wizard - a quick and easy way to calculate dates in Excel. The beauty of this tool is that outputs the results as formulas, not values. Thus you have a kind of 'two birds, one stone' opportunity - get the result faster and learn Excel date functions along the way :)

The wizard can perform the following calculations:

• Add years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds to the specified date.
  • Subtract years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds from the specified date.
  • Calculate the difference between two dates.
  • Get age from the birthdate.

For example, here's how you can add 4 different units in cells B3:E3 to the date in A4. The formula in B4 is built in real-time as you change the conditions:
Subtract dates in Excel using the Date & Time Wizard

If you are curious to explore other capabilities of the wizard, feel free to download a 14-day trial version of the Ultimate Suite which includes this as well as 60 more time saving add-ins for Excel.

I thank you for reading and hope to see you on our blog next week!

Excel dates tutorial:

361 Responses to "Using DATE function in Excel - formula examples to calculate dates"

1. Shanu Singh says:

Hi Daer All,

Pls someone help in my problem

I have a problem for calculating salary between two dates e,g Logic 1 Manual calculation & logic 2 is the based on the two dates. When calculated from logic 2 there is different between logic 1 amount 1,797. The case listed.

Logic 1
    Manual Days calculation
    Start date End Date Salary Montly days Formula Prorata salary
    24-Mar-17 31-Mar-17 49,500 8 =E9/31*F9 12774
    Manual 12 Months calculation
    Start date End Date Salary Montly Months Formula Prorata salary
    1-Apr-17 31-Mar-18 49,500 12 =E14*F14 594000

Total days+Montsh 606774

Logic 2
    Start date End Date Months Salary Montly Formula Prorata salary
    24-Mar-17 31-Mar-18 12.22 49,500 =F2*E2 604,977
    Total 604,977
    Different Logic 1 Vs Logic 2 1,797

Months calculation formula
    =(DATE(YEAR(C17),MONTH(C17),DAY(C17))-DATE(YEAR(B17),MONTH(B17),DAY(B17)))/(365.25/12)

Note : Logic 1 is giving correct amount.

2. Kristine says:

Hi there,

I am using a Gantt Chart I made years ago and can't figure out why I created the formula the way I did.

=(J5-WEEKDAY(J5,1)+M8)+7*M1

J5 = is the Start Date (which is 1st of June, 2017)
    M8 = 1 (Day of the week which was Sunday)

and then I have M1 whose value is 0 <-- this is the part that I needed to remember/understand, why I declared the value as 0

Given that the Start Date is 1st of June, the actual value I get is the 28th of May

3. adrian says:

Hi there

Wondering if you could help me with this!?
    Having a xcel file and im trying to get xcel to give me the proper dates depending on a bar code and the no. of days which the product has! So lets say i have:
    C4(bar code), H4(life shelf 12 days),I4(day which should be)

4. Jessie Perez says:

Hello, i have a different value on Column A, and i have different date on column B. And I want to know the beginning & ending date for that particular value. What is formula for that? Thanks

5. Pia says:

Hey!!i am working on an hotel management excel where i am unable to calculate or either put date meaning i am not able to adjust check in time and check out time..Pls Help

6. Juan says:

Suppose I want to have a column that has dates of completion of training and I want to have function where there are three colors, green is considered current, yellow is 60 days coming up on expiration and red has expired. How can I create this? Is it even possible? Thank you.

7. Sean Green says:

Can I update the cell references in a formula (i.e. add the next months value into the formula) by changing the month in a drop down list? I am looking to extend the formula each month and would like to accomplish this without manually changing every line.

8. Muhammad says:

Hi..

I need an urgent help. I am maintaining a sheet where Supplier ID and Term start date is being recorded. Each supplier is appearing multiple times with a different term start date. I want to automatically put the respective term expiry date which will be a day before next term start date. Please help me with this.

9. pavan says:

hello, what the formula of show month period like 01 January 2017 to 31 January 2017

10. Barry Hallman says:

I have column D for the date an item is issued. column E will calculate the date from column D plus 180 days. I would like to be able to input the current date into column F. And have it calculate into column G the amount of days between the current date in column G and the due date in column E. If you can help me with formulas I would be greatful

11. Jenny Loan says:

ty so much for your amazing page and information.

I am trying to create a spreadsheet for my sales tracking. If I ordered a specific document on xx/xx/xx date and have input that date into Column A2 for example(labled -date requested), I will input the received doc. date in column B2.
    But if no document is received. I would like for column B2 to turn green(when column A2 date is input(day1) and yellow when 1 day past the initial A2 date, and red when 2 days or more past the initial A2 date(request date) to inform us that the document has not been received. However, if a date has been inputted into B2 these rules(Red, yellow and green) will stop, because the date was added to B2 therefore implying that the document was received.

12. aditya mittal says:

Hi Team,

Your above methods are very helpful.
    I wanted to know how i can get the date of next month.
    For eg-: if i input 23-01-2017 i should get the output 22-02-2017

• Mary Trifuntova (Ablebits.com Team) says:

Thank you for your question.

Enter your date in any cell (A1 in my example) and try the following formula:

=A1+DATE(0,1,0)

As the logic of the DATE function is the following: DATE(year, month, day), the formula above adds a month to the date in A1. You can change the number of days/mounts/years as needed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

13. Tanvir says:

Journey start (12/5/2017. 6:00 AM )
    return time (16/5/2017. 9:00 AM )

Return have total dinner, lunch, breakfast, and accommodation quantity.

Condition:
    after 7:00PM he will not get dinner.
    after 1:00AM he will not get accommodation.
    after 8:00AM he will not get breakfast.
    after 12:00pm he will not get lunch

14. Pandiyan says:

I need some help data 1 is same name but different output date.but data 2 is Unique name,so i need for which date in higher date only we have represent the output date.

Data 1
    hai 4/20/2016
    hai 4/22/2016
    hai 4/21/2016

Data 2 output
    hai 4/22/2016

15. Pandiyan says:

Data 1
    hai 4/20/2016
    hai 4/22/2016
    hai 4/21/2016

Data 2 output
    hai 4/22/2016

16. sara says:

I need to use formula to calculate expiry date from age using following condition. If age is less than 40yrs, expiry date should be 5 years from examination date. If age is equal to or more than 40yrs, expiry date should be 2 years from examination date. Please help. "D" TO BE DONE USING FORMULA.

A B C D
    1 Age Examination Date Expiry Date
    2 57 7/25/2017 7/24/2019
    3 39 7/25/2017 7/24/2022
    4 40 7/25/2017 7/24/2019

17. Fonzie says:

I have hundreds of items with different project periods. Some have reports that have to be done monthly, quarterly, semiannually and annually. We roll the log of these items each month to track those that are currently due in a particular month. Does a formula exist that can calculate these due dates automatically??

Today's Date 9/20/2017
    Month Ending 9/30/2017
    Project Period Report Due
    Project A 10/1/2016-9/30/2020 Q ?
    Project B 4/1/2017-3/31/2019 A ?
    Project C 9/30/2016-9/29/2018 SA ?
    Project D 7/1/2015-6/30/2018 M ?

18. Rami says:

Hi guys,

Here's what i'm trying to get.

I have a list of students with date of births, the rule to enter sports tournaments are the following

U11 (Year 6/ Grade 5)– 1st Sept 2006
    U10 (Year 5/ Grade 4)– 1st Sept 2007
    U9 (Year 4/ Grade 3)– 1st Sept 2008
    U8 (Year 3/ Grade 2)– 1st Sept 2009
    U7 (Year 2/ Grade 1)– 1st Sept 2010
    U6 (Year 1/ KG)– 1st Sept 2011

The date of births are set up this way 21-Dec-2008 (8.9) and i would like to have a formula which will indicate if a students is allegeable to play for the U11 or U10 ....

19. Wendell says:

I am working on next year's budget: Let's say an employees hire date is June 1, 2017 and they will be getting anywhere from a 0% - 3% merit increase on June 1, 2018.

1 - I need to calculate the current salary amount from January 1, 2018 to June 1, 2018 at the current hourly rate ($10) by the number of hours worked per week (20) from January 1 - June 1.
    2 - I need to calculate the merit increase (3%) from June 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018 to get the new salary amount for that period.
    3 - I need to know what my total budget would be for the year and is it possible to get the total dollar amount in one cell?
    4 - Is it possible to create a formula to auto update this each year without having to manually change the year?

20. Camilo says:

Hi:

Let's say that I have columns A and B. I need to insert a date in column A and automatically appears a date but 90 days later in column B. How can I do this?

Thank you.

21. Kyler says:

Oh thank fuzzy kittens that I found you. If you can help it will be much appreciated. I need a column to show the fiscal year and week number. I actually need two formulas:

Formula 1- calculate just the fiscal year, if the year starts Oct 1 and ends Sept. 30 (So if the date entered was Oct. 13, 2017 I'll get FY18 as a result). Next I need a formula that will

Formula 2 - Calculate the week number if the year starts Oct. 1 and ends Sept. 30

I have these two formulas, but they don't seem to work and I don't know how to fix them.

FY Formula - =INT(([A1]-DATE(YEAR([A1]),1,10)+(TEXT(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR([Date of Engagement]),1,10)),"d")))/7)

Week # Formula - =INT(([A1]-DATE(YEAR([A1]),1,10)+(TEXT(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR([A1]),1,10)),"d")))/7)

If you can help me with this I would most appreciate it.

Thanks!!

22. SAJEER says:

>30 days from today column must show "0". how to make formula.

23. Spandana says:

How to increment the date for a week if we have particular condition as text using excel formula

• Hello, Spandana,
      For me to understand the problem better, please send me a small sample workbook with your source data and the result you expect to get to support@ablebits.com. Please don't worry if you have confidential information there, we never disclose the data we get from our customers and delete it as soon as the problem is resolved.
      Please also don't forget to include the link to this comment into your email.
      I'll look into your task and try to help.

24. Dale says:

I'm trying to make a tracker, I need to cell the cells color when the typed in date 60 and 30 day (amber) and 30 to 00 days (red) from the one year mark. can anyone help me?

25. Spencer says:

Looking for a way in excel to make cells that auto populate the fiscal week number. For example I put in column A3 "Week 45" the I want the next row underneath to auto populate to "Week 44".

26. Arivananthan says:

please give the solution that subtract the date from 05-12-2016 to 06-04-2016, but the result should be 275 days (30 of April+31 of May + 30 of June +31 of July + 31 of Aug + 30 of Sep + 31 of Oct + 30 of Nov +31 of Dec), which is received from the end date of Dec 016 to first April 2016 (ie) 31-12-2016 (-) 01-04-2016

Please explain with support of EXCEL Function

S.Arivananthan

27. Prabaa says:

ANX171022

what formula i should use to get the manufacturing date and expiry date from the above number

ANX=Product name

Manufacturing expiry
    17=2017 2020 (3 years from mfg)
    10=Oct oct
    22=Date NOT NECESSARY

• Hello,

If I understand your task correctly, you need 2 different:

For manufacturing date:
      =TEXT(DATE("20"&MID(A1,LEN(A1)-5,2), MID(A1,LEN(A1)-3,2),MID(A1,LEN(A1)-1,2)),"yyyy Mmm")

For expiry date:
      =TEXT(DATE("20"&(MID(A1,LEN(A1)-5,2)+3), MID(A1,LEN(A1)-3,2),MID(A1,LEN(A1)-1,2)),"yyyy Mmm")

Hope this will help you!

28. Gil says:

The date imported displays mmmyy (Jan18) for Jan 2018. I need that to display 01/31/2018. How do I do that?

Thank you in advance!

• joe says:

are you trying to show the 31st / last day of the month as the output? For example do you want to see: 1/31/2017, 2/28/2017, 3/31/2017...?

29. Joe says:

I have a doozy for you. based upon the date entered into column A, I want a formula to determine if that date is on or before the 15th of that month. If the date falls within that range then I want it to return a value for that month and year in column B. If the date in column A is after the 15th of that month then I want it to return a value in column B that is for the next month and year. For example: If someone entered 6/2/2017 in column A, then column B would return a value of 6/1/2017. If someone entered 6/16/2017 in column A then column B would return a value of 7/1/2017 in column B.

Thanks so much. Great forum!

30. Prabakaran says:

Hi the below may be helpful to you.

=IF(DAY(E8)15,EOMONTH(E8,0)+1,IF(DAY(E8)>15,EOMONTH(E8,0)+1,"")))

Replace E8 with your active cell reference

31. Nonya says:

I have a question.

I have a formula that pulls a date from another worksheet.
    =IF(Datasheet!M2"",TEXT(Datasheet!M2,"mmm-yy"),"Jan")
    In the cell adjacent to that "second date formula" I have a formula that creates the next month.
    =DATE(YEAR(Datasheet!$M$2),MONTH(Datasheet!$M$2)+1,1)

Below each date I have a formula like this.
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Homeloans!$A$1:$L$1,"mmm-yy")=B$1),Homeloans!$A$2:$L$2)
    That pulls a value from the homloans worksheet.

The problem is the "second date" formula will not allow me to pull the value from homeloans because of the way it is formatted.

Any suggestions on how I should format the "second date formula" and it still create a dynamic month based on the first month in the series?

32. Tina says:

I am trying to get the days of the week in column A for the whole year but skip Saturdays and S, is there a formula for this?

33. Soujanya says:

Hey guys,

I'm trying to calculate range in excel. Could someone help me with the solution for this.

I want the range to be calculated automatically. Do we have any formula for this?
    example:

Sl. Employee Years Range
    1 Abc 5 5 - 6
    2 DEF 8 8 - 9
    3 GHI 5 5 - 6
    4 JKL 5 5 - 6

34. Jasmine says:

Is it possible to know the difference between 2 dates if the date format is January 31 2018?

If yes, can help on the formula?

35. hayat khan says:

plz help
    when in cell a1 have only year and b1 have complete date, how can we use subtract formula for it.
    for example
    a1 b1 Result of subtraction
    1967 07/03/2018 ?

36. Rohit says:

I'm trying to calculate dates in excel. Could someone help me with the solution for this?
    I want the single formula to be calculate automatically. Do we have any formula for this?
    Example: Today’s Date is 25 mar 2018
    Sl. Order Date Sent date Overdue Days
    1 22 Mar 2018 25 Mar 2018 3
    2 22 Mar 2018 Not Yet Sent 3
    3 20 Mar 2018 25 Mar 2018 5
    4 10 Mar 2018 Not Yet Sent 15

37. signals says:

Kindly reply with a solution to:
    (1) I creat a workbook for each month (30 worksheets) and have to enter date manually one by one at left hand corner to each worksheet e.g. 01-Nov-2018; then next work sheet will be 02-Nov-2018. Is there a way I can enter the formula in the first worksheet and it will give me date in sequence on the rest of the month worksheets?

(2) The Tabs (name) for each day worksheet also need to be changed manually e.g. 01 Nov AM, 01 Nov PM, 02 Nov AM, 02 Nov PM ...

38. Lynn Keeney says:

Thank you in advance for your help!
    I am trying to do a summary sheet using cell values from sheet 2. We are calculating number of dogs or cats (2 different columns on the summary sheet so cats will be a separate formula - but they are all mixed together on sheet 2). But I want totals for the month so made that another condition. So 2 IF conditions - column F should equal dog and column A should be between two dates inclusive. I think I have the formula close here but it doesn't like the formatting of my dates. I have tried a few different ways - DATEVALUE, d/m/y, no spaces, quotations. Can you help? Thank you so much!!!

=COUNTIFS(AND(Sheet2!F2:F1000=Dog, Sheet2!A2:A1000>=DATE(2018, 1, 1),Sheet2!A2:A1000<=DATE(2018, 1, 31)))

39. gary b says:

I have a table with hundreds of invoices. some are paid in 30 45 or 60 days.

I am trying to calculate the expected date that the invoice will be paid.

amount is in b3 payment days is in c3 and I have next 75 days in columns f3 through the next ten columns.

How do I write the formula to have the amount drop into the correct week?

thanks in advance.

40. Paula says:

I am trying to caculate the years a person has worked for company to a particuler date. Example is April 3, 2014 to December 31, 2017. D2 is the hire column and E2 is the ending date. I am needing to calculate the yrs, months, days worked in to column F2. I will also need to tally up the whole column of F2 for a grand total of the employees.

41. Doug says:

Here's an old Lotus 1-2-3 method that works great in Excel and will accomplish what you're looking to do:
    =DATEDIF(D2,E2,"y") &" years,"&DATEDIF(D2,E2,"ym") &" months," &DATEDIF(D2,E2,"md") &" days"
    Enter this formula into F2 and it will show the number of years, months and days between the start date and the end date. It looks like this: "3 years,8 months,28 days".
    If you need to sum the years, months and days you may need to enter them into separate columns. If so, just enter the DATEDIF(start,end,"Y") pieces in separate columns minus the "&"Years", etc. part. You'll have only the numbers that you can then sum.

42. krishna prasad R says:

How to convert (hex) to (day,month,year)-D11-M12-Y16, 08:43:25.

Hex (0X62 0X68 0X8A 0X2D).

Here is the data format.

T4 - encoding 1:

1. word 3*(365*(Year-1986) + DayNumberInYear) + Hour/8
    2. word 3600*(Hour modulus 8) + 60*Min + Sec

DayNumberInYear assigns 1 to January the first and increments
    the number by one each day, treating leap-years correctly.
    Unfortunately, this encoding assigns the same 1. word to December 31. in a
    leap-year and January 1. in the next year.

T4 - encoding 2:

1. word 3*(366*(Year-1994) + DayNumberInLeapYear) + Hour/8
    2. word 3600*(Hour modulus 8) + 60*Min + Sec + 32768

DayNumberInLeapYear assigns 0 to January the first and
    increments the number by one each day, assuming all years to be
    leap-years.

43. shady says:

Dears,
    I have a difficult question.
    I have a duplicated codes with different receipts dates.
    How can I get the latest date for each code

44. krishna prasad R says:

How to convert (hex) to (day,month,year).

D11-M12-Y16 - time 23 :22 : 48 - hex 62 69 E7 C8

D12-M12-Y16 - time 04 :35 : 16 - hex 62 6A C0 84

D12-M12-Y16 - time 05 :26 : 40 - hex 62 6A CC 90

D13-M12-Y16 - time 11 :46 : 22 - hex 62 6E B5 0E

D13-M12-Y16 - time 11 :48 : 33 - hex 62 6E B5 91

45. SHAMS says:

DEAR,

IF I HAVE 03 CYLINDERS CY 01, CY 02 & CY 03 IN STORE. I WANT TO TRACK WETHER THE SAID CYLINDER IS FOR HYDRO TEST OR IN O.K. CONDITION. THE CYLINDER SHOULD BE HYDROTESTED AFTER 06 YEARS FROM THE DAY OF MANUFACTURING OR HPT TEST.

E.G.
    CY 01 (01.01.2016) THE RESULT SHOULD COME O.K.

CY 02 (06.01.2005) = FOR HPT (BECOZ THE CYLINDER HAS PASSED 06 YEARS FROM THE DATE OF MANUFACTURING & SHOULD BE HYDRO TESTED)

CY 03 (05.07.2009) FOR HPT

THANKS IN ADVANCE

• Doug says:

Shams:
      Here is how I set this up:
      CYNum Date Tested Current Date Result
      CY 01 1/1/2016 5/4/2018 OK
      CY 02 6/1/2005 5/4/2018 HPT
      CY 03 5/7/2009 5/4/2018 HPT

CYNum is in A
      Date Tested is in B
      Current Date is in C
      Result is in D
      Notice each variable is in a separate column and cell.
      Notice date is in M/D/Y format.
      Current Date in each D cell is function =TODAY()
      In Result cell D2 for 1/1/2016 the formula is:
      =IF(DATEDIF(B2,C2,"Y")>=6,"HPT","OK")

46. Cindy says:

I am working on a spreadsheet that I am using the following formula. =COUNTIFS(REWORK!C:C,"BOM Error",REWORK!A:A,"=12/17/17") How can I incorporate the date function into the formula to avoid having to try to change for each line?

47. Kari says:

I was wondering if you could help me with a calculation. I need to be able to calculate 14 hours out of every 24 hour period from dates and times entered in 2 cells. For example cell A1 would have 4/10 13:00, cell B1 would have 4/12 18:00. I know how to do the total hours calculation, but we only pay for 14 hours out of every 24 hours with a 2 hour and 6 hour grace period. I need a formula to do this. The total hours would be 53. So I would need cell D1 to = 31 and cell E to = 28 For D1 we would need the calculation to show 4/10 15:00 - 4/11 15:00 = 14 hours paid, 4/11 15:00 - 4/12 15:00 = 14 hours paid, 4/12 15:00 - 4/12 18:00 = 3 hours paid...for a total of 31. For E1 it would be 4/10 19:00 - 4/11 19:00 = 14 hours paid, 4/11 19:00 - 4/12 18:00 = 14 hours paid...for a total of 28. Can this be done or is it possible to create a macro that would do this?

48. Harsh Khimasiya says:

Want to formula
    0-30 days 2%
    30-60 days 1 % and
    60-90 days 0 %

49. Lakshmi says:

I would like to know the formula to get the below requirement
    If i type 2018 it should provide the date in this format 1 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018
    if i type 2017 the result should be 1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017

50. gangadhar reddy says:

Hii Concern,

I just wanted a formula for example,
    ending date of one card is like 25/08/2018 and one more card for the same person expiry date is like 26/09/2018 and the output i need is like
    by adding +60 days for first card and by adding +30 days for second card i need output is which ever less date will comes that date i need as output,
    can someone pls suggest.

51. Raj says:

Hello There,

You can use below formula:-
    DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+30) for 30 days.

52. Steve says:

How to get the formula of 30 DAYS OVERDUE if the given is date today, terms and due date ?

53. Suthan says:

25/10/2018 how to make appear like 25 Oct 2018 in excel cell
    Normally 10/25/2018 is appear as 25 Oct 2018 in excel cell.

• Doug says:

Suthan:
      You can modify how the numbers and dates appear in the cells by changing the cell's formatting.
      Right click on the cell select Format Cells then Date and choose a date format from the list then click OK.

54. dara says:

Hi , can someone help me with the following please ? I need to calculate the re-test date for students depends on their score ,
    e.g. If students score more than 80 marks he must retake his test within 3 years max, if score between 30-80 he must retake his test within 2 years , if score lower than 30 he will retake his test within 1 year ...
    The date of the test is in column B, Score in column C and I need to calculate the date of the re-test in column D .
    ( it's not that simple in real life but for this purpose I had to simplify so you guys understand :) )

I would really appreciate any help whit what formulas to use . Thank you

55. Lijo says:

I am using formula index
    i have two sheets, and in the sheet 1 for the data on transactions per each have the transactions and second sheet i am using the formula

=IFERROR(INDEX(Table1[Column2],MATCH($C$2,Table1[Column1])),"No Data")

and i am facing the problem on match $C$2, (this one i am using match with month) how i can write all date 1 to 31 (month)
    C2 i am using 31-01-2018 and result only the particular date, i need whole month data

56. F&A says:

Hi, I want to highlight day 15 of every month between years 2019 - 2020 in a single row on a Gantt chart. Any suggestions about how to do this?

57. Pratik says:

Hello sir,sir which formula used for all company employee experience in age between 0to5,5to10,20to30 in excel

58. Gordon says:

I want to be able to add an increase to a salary if someone was employed between 2 dates for example:-

if someone joined after 1st March 2012 and before 1st Jan 2018,increase cell B5 by 1

59. arman says:

Adding days to a date:

=DATE(2015, 5, 20) + 15

The formula adds 15 days to May 20, 2015 and returns June 4, 2015.

my question is:

how i want add 15 workdays(exluded sunday and saturday).. help me

60. JD says:

I am working on a spreadsheet where I have to update number of Fridays in the month based on the current date.Currently,I am using the formula COUNTIF($C$11:$C$41,">0")-0.167*0 where I update "0" manually depending on whether its the 1st Friday, 2nd etc. Can someone assist to do this manual input automatically. The ($C$11:$C$41,">0") counts the number of days that the plant produced.

61. Fouad Amhaz says:

hi all,

in my work an extract old data from our system.
    but we face that the date is mentioned as day/month/year.
    so when i open this extracted file in office 365, excel read these cell as text and not as date number.
    so here i need a formula that convert these cells as month/day/year in order to can read it as date value in 365 excel.
    i.e: 20/4/2018 old version it means 20 April 2018.
    it must be 4/20/2018 for the new version.

62. kapil says:

HI SIR,

I HAVE DATE OF JOINING THE EMPLOYEES I NEED AFTER ONE YEAR COMPLETION THE AUTOMATICALLY IN NEXT COLUMN 15 DAYS el IS GENERATE.

PLS. HELP FOR SUITABLE FORMULA

63. komal says:

Hi All,

I am facing one issue while calculating date from one cell to another

I have cell B4 and date in that cell is 31/10/2018 06:29
    I am using date formula in cell D like =DATE(YEAR(B4),MONTH(B4),DAY(B4))

but i am getting error.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance for help

64. komal says:

Hi All,

I am facing one issue while calculating date from one cell to another

I have cell B4 and date in that cell is 31/10/2018 06:29
    I am using date formula in cell D like =DATE(YEAR(B4),MONTH(B4),DAY(B4))

but i am getting error.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance for help

65. Brent says:

Hi all,

I need a formula that gives me a "Y" or a "N" on whether a date is greater than 180 days.

Thanks in advance!

66. PrevailerHearts says:

Kindly assist me. I have dates in MMM YYYY format, that is Jan 2005, Aug 2005, Sep 2014, Jan 2015, Aug 2004, Aug 2014 not following consecutively in a column. How can I find out if an entry is skipped using an excel function?
    Please help.