Merge two worksheets in Excel
Merge Tables Wizard add-in for Microsoft Excel
Merge Tables Wizard add-in can match and merge data from two Excel 2013-2003 worksheets in seconds. This smart tool is an easy-to-understand and convenient-to-use alternative to Excel Lookup/Vlookup functions.
You may also be interested in Merge Tables Wizard for Excel 2011 (Excel for Mac).
Merge Excel worksheets perfectly without copy-pasting!
Just imagine this: you have two or more spreadsheets containing information about your company's products. What you need is to look up and merge data from these sheets in Excel really quickly.
For example, you have 2 Excel tables - "Products" and "Stores" and they both have a column with the "Product". You want to match Excel worksheets by "Product", update the "Price" column and add the "Store" column from the Second sheet (let's call it Lookup Table) to your Main sheet (Master Table).
If you try to merge Excel spreadsheets manually, it will take you hours, if not days! You will have to go through each row in the master table to lookup the matching row in the second spreadsheet. After that you will spend even more time on updating the selected rows and adding a new column from the lookup table to the main worksheet.
Does all this sound too complicated and time consuming? Probably yes, even if you decide to employ the standard Microsoft Excel Vlookup, Match, Lookup functions . But definitely not, if you use our Merge Tables Wizard.
This handy add-in is perfect for looking up and merging two Excel worksheets into one by copying matching data from the specified columns. The two tables can be located in the same Microsoft Excel file or in two different workbooks. The intuitive and smart wizard guides you through the merge process. Rows from two Excel spreadsheets with different number of columns will be combined perfectly without copying and pasting!
Merge results are exactly as you expect them to be
To ensure that you get exactly the results you need, the Merge Tables Wizard provides a number of options. You can select which columns you want to update or add to your Master Table by choosing one of the actions:
- Update values. The data will be copied from the Lookup Table and pasted into the corresponding column of the Master Table
- Add columns. The new columns will be added to the main table from the Lookup one.
- You can also choose to Add non-matching rows to the end of the first table. It means that rows that appear only in the Lookup Table will be copied to the end of the Master Table underneath all other rows.
Now, let's look at the resulting table from our example, see the screenshot above. Prices were updated by assigning the Update values action to the "Prices" column and the "Product Description" column was added by choosing Add column.
Use additional options to fine-tune the merge results
Additional options provided by the Merge Tables Wizard let you combine data from two Excel worksheets exactly in accordance with your needs.
- You can update only empty cells in your Master Table. Check this option if you don't want to overwrite existing values in your main table.
- Update the Master Table value only if the corresponding cell from the Lookup table contains data. Check this option, if you want to ignore empty cells in the Lookup table.
- Ignoring extra spaces in matching columns will ensure the most accurate results. When you import data in Microsoft Excel from external data sources, it often comes with some extra spaces that are of course invisible for a human eye. If you select this option, the Merge Tables Wizard will ignore excess spaces and you will never be bemused by the question why those rows were not merged while their matching columns look exactly the same!
- You can choose to add the Status column that reflects all the changes made to your Master table, allowing you to filter only updated rows, non-updated rows, or new rows for your further analysis.
- And finally, you can color updated cells in order to see all the changes at a glance.
With Merge Tables Wizard for Excel you can
- Use one or several key columns as the lookup criteria.
- Add new columns to the main table or update the existing ones.
- Add non-matching rows to the end of the table after all other data.
- Merge Excel files from different workbooks.
- Color updated rows; a variety of different colors are available.
- Update only empty cells in your Master Table if you don't want to overwrite the existing values.
- Update only if cells from Lookup Table contain data.
- Add the Status column to the Master table that will reflect the changes and mark rows as: "Updated", "Non-updated", "New row".
- Paste additional matches from your Lookup Table.
Find more details
See how Merge Tables Wizard can help you
You can view the video in the fullscreen mode by clicking
I can't tell you how much we love Merge Tables Wizard here
I can't tell you how much we love Merge Tables Wizard here. It has revolutionized the way some of our staff do their jobs - replacing literally hours of manual work with a few quick button clicks. Love it. Jason D Polete
The Ablebits Data Merge Tables add- on is a fantastic program. It facilitates my projects for sure saving numerous hours of drudgery not to mention reducing the chance of error in manually importing data. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs to pull data from one Excel file to another. It's worth every penny! I love it. Dr. Douglas Boyd Ph.D.
Your products and customer service are FANTASTIC!
Your products and customer service are FANTASTIC! I have been spreading the word and others have also discovered how Merge Table Wizard can increase productivity and efficiency. I have used it extensively with targeted marketing initiatives. Joanne Brennan
It does exactly what you say it should do
Thank you so much for making this add-in for Excel. It does exactly what you say it should do, on my 10,250 item database. Awesome! Nannette DiMascio, Broker / Associate, Realty One Group
Thank you for the great product
Thank you for the great product, it truly opened whole new possibilities for me in combining and analysing data from different sources. Laisan Shafikova
Merge Tables Reviews
How Merge Table Wizard saves countless hours for educators
At the end of the 2008 school year, I wanted to see how much students in my class had improved on their state test scores. I had two spreadsheets from the district's data warehouse - one with my students' scores from 6th grade and one from that year's test. I had begun using Excel more that year and knew it could do the work to find the difference between the two scores to see if and how much of an impact I had made.
I worked between the two spreadsheets, cutting and pasting scores so I had a column on one spreadsheet for 6th grade and a separate column for 7th grade test scores. Although not difficult work, it was time-consuming and took me an hour or so to do that for all my classes (about 70 students). Read more →
Excel Merge Wizard: time saving magic
We’re Excel mad at The WebMarketing Group and our spreadsheet craze is one of the ways we manage to implement the most efficient in-house processes. Our production team, our sales team, our analysts and our R&D team all use Excel, day in, day out, in order to serve our clients, and AbleBits have been able to help us make our processes even more resourceful with some nifty little add-ins. Read more →
Merging data in Excel: creating spreadsheets from data housed in multiple locations
Most companies track employee information in multiple databases. For example, you may track employee biographic and demographic in a payroll software tool, and employee contracts, lease agreements and license numbers in a manual spreadsheet. Managing and maintaining multiple databases can be both inefficient and time consuming when you need data on the fly. Read more →
Merge Tables for Excel screenshots
Select your main table
Select the table with the data you want to pull into your main table
Select common columns, i.e. the columns that will be compared and matched
Choose additional merging options
A few seconds and data from 2 Excel files are merged perfectly!
Merge Tables Wizard for Excel system requirements:
- Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed.
If you need to install the add-in for a group of users, or on a Terminal Server (servers farm) please see Corporate deployment
- Desktop Excel included in Office 365
- Microsoft Excel 2013 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Excel 2010 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- Microsoft Excel 2003
Merge Tables Wizard version
Current add-in version: 3.3.16
published on: Mar 09, 2015
End-User License Agreement (EULA).
- ABOUT US