The Advanced Find and Replace add-in for Excel is designed to search across multiple worksheets and replace the found entries, select, or export them.
To start your search, click the Find and Replace icon in the Search group on the Ablebits Tools tab:
On the Advanced Find and Replace pane, configure your search options:
When you are finished with the settings, click the Find All button.
Now you can work with the search results:
You can sort the search results by the Value column and change the width of each column right in the add-in window.
Take advantage of the additional options and choose the data to export. Click the arrow next to Export all and select one of the options from the drop-down list:
Besides, if you click the arrow next to Select cells, you'll be able to choose an option to highlight the rows or columns with the found entries:
Why we can't CTRL+Z with this module?
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, Excel doesn't allow us to support the full-featured Undo functionality.
If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are wildcard features supported in this module? If so, what are they?
Thank you for your question. Sorry, the wildcard features are not supported in the add-in.
Please have a look at this blog article:
I hope you will find it helpful.
I like the "Search and Export" feature but Abelbits exports to a new worksheet every time. I want to put all the results on one worksheet. Can this be done?
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, it is only possible to export the found entries into a new workbook in the current version of the add-in. However, I have forwarded your request to our developers, they will look into the possibility to implement this feature. Thank you for taking time to write us.
I want the name of the sheet to be easy to see at a glance when I search.
In the column of Address, there is only one sheet name, and all the rest are only the address of the cell.
When scrolling down, the sheet title is not shown but only the address of the cell is shown. I am uncomfortable with this.
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback.
1. Now you can’t clear the search list, but it is a great idea to make it possible, so we’ll consider implementing the feature into our future releases.
2. Concerning the Korean search, the add-in should support it. To find the causes of the problem you face, we need to see the type of data you are working with, so if possible, please send us a small sample of your data to email@example.com. Please remove any sensitive information.
3. Thank you for pointing out this inconvenience. This is one more idea for us to become better, thank you, it is taken into consideration.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any other questions or comments.
The above comment is about "Advanced Find and Replace".
1. I do not want the search list to remain. How do I clear a search list?
2. And it seems that ablebits does not fully support Korean search. For example, if I had searched for the word "텍스트" in the past,
The next time I type the word "텍스트", the letter is broken. just like "텏ㅡ".
Is there a way where I can search for different values at once across sheets or workbooks?
Thank you for your comment.
Unfortunately, there is no way to search for different values at once, the tool can look for only one value at a time.
Post a comment
Seen by everyone, do not publish license keys and sensitive personal info!