Link Checker for Microsoft Word
Check your Word document for suspicious and broken links
Link Checker for Microsoft Word is a wonderful tool for managing and checking internal and external links and cross-references in Word documents. Use this add-in every time you need to ensure that the links in your document are valid.
Validate links in your Word documents
In the process of editing a Word document the initial links you have there may get broken; hyperlinks or cross-references can lead to objects that are renamed, moved to another location or no longer exist in your file.
To make sure all your links are correct, you can run Link checker and polish the document. You can choose to find all or only suspicious hyperlinks and cross-references and immediately see where a particular link is and where it leads, edit or delete links directly on the add-in's pane. You can also export the entire list to Word or Microsoft Excel.
With Document Link Checker you can
- Scan links in the whole document, on certain pages, in a selected range or on the current page.
- Find internal broken links and hyperlinks to other word documents and websites.
- Look only for suspicious links.
- See all links in a document in a tree view on the add-in's pane.
- Navigate between hyperlinks quickly and comfortably.
- See the link destination.
- Edit or remove hyperlinks and cross-references in a couple of clicks.
- Export the list of found links to a new Excel or Word document.
- See field codes instead of their values.
Check your Word document for broken links:
- Start the add-in and select the pages or the range where you want to search for hyperlinks.
- Click Find links and see the results on the pane.
With the Link Checker add-in you can quickly find suspicious and broken internal links in Word files of any size. The plug-in will process hundreds of hyperlinks and show you which of them need more attention.
Link Checker for Microsoft Word system requirements:
- Desktop Word included in Office 365
- Microsoft Word 2013 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Word 2010 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Word 2007
- Microsoft Word 2003
- Windows 10 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed.
If you need to install the add-in for a group of users, or on a Terminal Server (servers farm) please see Corporate deployment
Link Checker version
Current add-in version: 2.0.7
published on: Nov 05, 2014
End-User License Agreement (EULA).
- ABOUT US