Apply the Remove Rows by Substrings feature from Substring Tools to erase all the rows with certain text values at one go. Specify what substrings should be found and deleted along with the rows that contain them and get the desired result shortly.
Before you start
Give attention to the points below:
- Only one column is processed at a time.
- Place the substrings to be looked for in one and the same column in an individual cell each.
How to remove rows by substrings
Start the Remove Rows by Substrings tool by clicking the Substring Tools icon on the Ablebits Data tab and picking Remove Rows by Substrings:
You will see the tool pane:
- Select a column containing the data to be processed—the Source column.
- Using the icons on the right side of the Source column box, you can select your current table column or any other column you need.
- Select a column containing the substrings to be looked for—the Substrings range.
- If the search for substrings should be case-sensitive, pick the Case-sensitive option.
- Make sure that there is a tick next to the Back up this worksheet option if you prefer to save the original data.
Take a look at an example:
After you click the Remove button, the tool will process your data and inform you about the result: