- Open the Workbook Manager pane by clicking on its icon.
- There are three ways you can create a new workbook. You can click on the New button on the main toolbar of the add-in: You can also create a new workbook by right-clicking on the area with the workbooks tree and selecting New… ->New Workbook from the menu. Or you can use the Ctrl + N keyboard shortcut to get a new workbook.
- To create a new worksheet, click on the down arrow next to the New button. You will see a menu, in which you can select "Worksheet": Another way of creating a new worksheet is right-clicking on the area with the workbooks tree and selecting New… -> Worksheet from the menu. You can use the Ctrl + Alt + W key combination to get the same result.
- To create a new worksheet from the worksheet template, click on the arrow next to the New button and select the necessary worksheet template from the drop-down list: You can also create a new worksheet using the worksheet template if you right-click on the area with the workbooks tree, go to New… option and select the worksheet template you want from the list.
- Click on the Open button on the add-in's toolbar to open a workbook. You will see a standard Explorer window where you can browse for a workbook. You can also open a workbook by right-clicking on the area with the workbooks tree and selecting "Open" from the context menu. The keyboard shortcut you can use is Ctrl + O.
- To open recently used workbooks, click on the down arrow to the right of the Open button Or right-click on the area with the workbooks tree, go to the Open… option and choose the necessary workbook from the list.
- To rename your worksheet or workbook, select it in the list and click the Rename button on the main toolbar or right-click on the worksheet (workbook) and select the Rename option from the context menu. You can also use the F2 hotkey.
- After you type a new name press Enter to save it.
Tip. You can also take advantage of the Save as option to save your workbook under a new name. Please see How to save a file under a new name.
You can save the changes you made by pressing the Save button on the add-in's toolbar. Just like in standard Excel, this will save the selected file(s) under the same name(s) in the same location(s).
If you want to save your file under a new name to a new location, you should use the Save as option. You can see this option if you click on the down arrow to the right of the Save button.
It allows you changing the file's name and location in the Save as dialog box.
- Select the worksheet in the list.
- Right-click on it and choose the Print option from the context menu.
- You will see a standard Print dialog box, in which you can define print settings. You can use the Ctrl + P keyboard shortcut to do the same.
If you right-click on the worksheet in the tree and select the Page setup item from the menu, you can customize the page layout before printing your worksheet. You will see the Page setup dialog box.
To sort worksheets in a workbook alphabetically, choose a workbook in the list and press the Sort A to Z or Sort Z to A button on the main toolbar.
You can also choose the Sort A to Z or Sort Z to A option from the menu if you right-click on workbook in the tree.
If you select several workbooks, you can sort all worksheets they contain at once. To do this hold the Ctrl key, select the necessary workbooks and then click "Sort A to Z" or "Sort Z to A"
- To hide a worksheet(s), right-click on it in the list and choose the Hide sheet(s) option from the menu.
- You can hide several worksheets at the same time. To do this hold the Ctrl key, select the necessary sheets, right-click on them and choose Hide sheet(s). But note that you can't hide all worksheets within one workbook. A workbook must contain at least one visible worksheet.
- If you want to make your worksheet(s) "very hidden", right-click on it and choose the Make sheet(s)" very hidden" item from the menu. By selecting several worksheets and choosing this option you can make them all "very hidden" at once.
To show a hidden or a "very hidden" worksheet, right-click on it and choose the Unhide sheet(s) option from the menu. By selecting several worksheets you can unhide all of them at once.
You can also select a workbook that contains several hidden worksheets, right-click on it and select Unhide sheet(s); this will make all worksheets that it contains visible.
To copy a worksheet from one Excel file to another, press the Ctrl key and drag the worksheet to another workbook in the Worksheets tree.
To move a worksheet, just drag it from one workbook and drop to another in the Worksheets tree.
To delete a worksheet from a workbook, select it and click the Delete button on the add-in's toolbar. You can find the Close Workbook(s) or Delete sheet(s) option if you right-click on the worksheet as well. Or you can just press the Delete key on your keyboard.
If you select several worksheets, you can delete them all at once.
- ABOUT US