Flip Range for Excel gives you two helpful tools: Vertical Flip and Horizontal Flip. With their help you can quickly reverse the order of rows, columns, and cells in a range.
Before you start
We care about your data and suggest you always create backup copies of your files. A special option of the tool will do that for you if you select it.
How to reverse the order of data in your table vertically or horizontally
Open the worksheet where you want to switch the order of your records, click the Flip icon in the Transform group on the Ablebits Tools tab, and select either Vertical or Horizontal Flip:
The tool's dialogue window offers the following settings:
- When you need to select the entire table automatically, click the Expand selection icon.
- To select another data range, click the Select range icon and use the dialogue window to indicate it:
Tip. You can also pick your range before running the tool.
- If you have any cell references in the selected range, adjust the way they will be pasted:
- Choose to Adjust cell references to change them according to their new location after pasting.
- Keep cell references to leave them intact.
- Paste values only to delete cell references and have only the values inserted.
- If you have formatting you'd like to keep in the range you flip, select the Preserve formatting checkbox.
- Tick the Create a backup copy of the worksheet option to keep your original data.
Click Flip to see the selected data reversed in your Excel table.