To keep a check on the links your Word documents contain, install the Link Checker add-in by following our step-by-step instructions.
How to install Link Checker for Word
The latest version of Link Checker is always available for downloading here.
Note. Only the following versions of Word are supported: Word 2016, Word 2019, Word included in Microsoft 365.
Before you start
- Make sure all your Word documents are closed.
- Download the Link Checker installation pack.
- Extract its contents and double-click the setup file:
Follow the Setup Wizard instructions
- Get acquainted with the information displayed in the Setup Wizard window:
- Read the End-User License Agreement carefully:
If you agree with its terms and conditions, proceed by clicking Next.
- Decide on the folder the add-in should be installed to:
Click Next to continue.
- Confirm the installation process by clicking Next:
- When the installation is finished, the confirmation message appears:
- Close the Setup Wizard window.
Make sure the add-in is installed
If the installation is successful, the AbleBits tab appears in your Word:
Activate your Link Checker license
To activate a purchased Link Checker license, follow the steps described in our Activation guide.
How to uninstall Link Checker for Word
In Windows 10, you can uninstall Link Checker via Settings → Apps:
To uninstall the add-in in earlier versions of Windows (Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7), close Microsoft Word, go to Control Panel → Programs → Programs and Features, find Ablebits Link Checker for Microsoft Word in the list of installed programs, and remove it from your computer by clicking Uninstall and Yes: