The Insert Pictures add-in is designed to make your tables look presentable and enjoyable. See how to add images into Excel cells in one go with this small tool.
Video: How to insert multiple images in Excel
Before you start
Your pictures will be inserted in a column or row in Excel in the same A to Z order as they are stored on your PC. If you want the pictures to be arranged differently in your Excel worksheet, then change their names accordingly before running the add-in.
Run Insert Pictures
- Open your Excel file where you want to add images.
- Select the uppermost cell of the column for pictures.
- On the Ablebits Tools tab, in the Utilities group, click Insert Pictures, and then choose how you want to paste pictures, Vertically or Horizontally:
Take advantage of the additional options:
Tick Insert links to files to get inserted not only images but also their names as hyperlinks to the adjacent column or row:
Leave the Back up the worksheet option checked to get a backup sheet created (recommended as you can't undo changes made by add-ins).
How to insert pictures into Excel column
- Select Vertically and choose one of the three size options for your pictures:
- Pick the images you need via the Select files window:
Tip. Keep Ctrl pressed on your keyboard to choose multiple pictures. Or press Ctrl + A to select all images at once.
- Click the Open button and enjoy your visually appealing table with pictures.
How to insert pictures into Excel row
To position images in a row go to Insert Pictures > Horizontally on the Ablebits Tools tab and then repeat the same steps as described above:
The only difference is that when you insert pictures in a row, you should consider image and cell width rather than height.
The maximum cell width in Excel is limited to 1793 pixels. If some pictures are larger, they will be resized accordingly, and the add-in will notify you with a corresponding message: