Create Cards for Excel is designed to make label cards from your data in a worksheet. The tool reshapes your records for printing or further processing. On this page, you'll learn how to use this add-in to get the needed layout.
How to use Create Cards
On the Ablebits Tool tab, in the Transform group, click the Create Cards icon:
Use the Create Cards dialog window to adjust the options:
- By default, the add-in highlights the entire data range in your worksheet. You can select a different range or enter it using your keyboard.
- Click the Expand selection icon to have the entire table selected automatically.
- Use the Select range option to collapse the dialog window and choose the range you need:
- If the top row in the selected range is a header, tick off My table has 1 header row.
If you have more than one header, click "1 header row
" and enter the needed number:
- You can choose any number of columns with cards you want to see in the resulting worksheet. Just enter the necessary quantity in the Number of columns field or use the up and down arrows to adjust it.
For example, if you pick 3, you will see three columns of cards in the resulting sheet.
Tip. It is possible to create up to 80 columns with cards.
- You can add blanks between the cards for better visualization:
- Select By empty row to separate groups of records with blank rows.
- If you choose to get more than one column with the results, you can also divide them By empty column.
- Save original headers and formatting:
- Tick the Add header checkbox to display all column headers as labels next to the values in your cards.
- It is possible to keep the format of your original data by ticking the Preserve formatting checkbox.
Note. If you choose to preserve formatting, the add-in will pick it from the first row for the headers and from the second row for the rest of the data.
Click the Create button to see your data reshaped in a new worksheet.