The Unpivot Table add-in instantly transposes summary tables to database lists. If changing data layout is one of your routine tasks, use this tool to transform your table and reshape your lists.
How to unpivot table in Excel
Select any cell in your pivot table and click Unpivot Table in the Transform group on the Ablebits Tools tab:
Adjust your settings using the Unpivot Table dialog box:
- The Expand selection icon selects your entire table automatically.
- The Select range icon lets you manually specify the area to be reshaped:
- Tick the Separate data by a blank row option if you want to easily identify each part of the unpivoted result.
- Pick the destination for the resulting flat table:
- The New worksheet option will place the table in the current Excel workbook.
- The New workbook option will create a new file.
Click the Unpivot button to get the result in a place of your choice.