Power Tools provides you with a set of add-ins to speed up most of your daily tasks in Google Sheets. Shuffle is one of those utilities. It will help you randomize cells, rows, and columns in your Google spreadsheet.
Before you start
The Shuffle tool also processes cells in filtered & hidden rows & columns.
Start the add-on
- Select the range with the values you want to randomize in your sheet.
- Go to Extensions > Power Tools > Start in the Google Sheets menu:
- Click the Shuffle icon to open the tool:
How to shuffle cells, rows, and columns in Google Sheets
You can choose one of five ways to sort values at random:
- To shuffle records within the selected rows independently, select Cells in each row.
- Pick Cells in each column to randomly sort entries within each column.
- Choose Entire rows to keep data in the rows intact and randomize only the row order.
- If you select Entire columns, the add-on will shuffle the order of the selected columns only.
- Click on All cells in the range to have all selected values mixed randomly.
Once the shuffling mode is selected, click on the Shuffle button to randomize values within the selected range.