The message you wait for can be from a certain person, it may contain definite text or numbers. To be notified when it arrives, you need to enter this information in the Rules section and the add-in will scan all incoming messages for this key word or address and alert you when the important email arrives.
Important Mail Alert will look for the alert text in the To, From, Subject fields and in the body of the letter.
- To add the rules, go to the Rules tab.
- Type the key word or phrase in the Enter alert text field at the bottom of the add-in pane.
Note. The add-in will look for the exact match of the word or phrase you type in.
- Press the Add rule button or Enter to save the rule.
Tip. You can see the number of existing rules at the top of the add-in pane. Click on the number and navigate to the Rules section with the alert text.
It is possible to change the contents of a rule if necessary.
- Open the Rules tab.
- Double-click on the rule you want to change. You can also edit a rule if you right-click on it and select the Edit option from the menu. Make the necessary changes to the alert text and press Enter to confirm.
If you have a rule that you will not need on this particular day, benefit from the Disable option.
- You can temporarily switch off a rule if you untick the checkbox next to it in the Rules section.
It is also possible to turn off a rule by right-clicking on it and picking Disable from the context menu. After that you will see it unchecked on the add-in pane.
- To enable a rule, just re-tick the checkbox next to it in the Rules section.
- To delete a rule that you do not need any more, hover your mouse pointer above the rule to see the cross icon next to it. Click on the cross to remove the needed item. You can also remove a rule by right-clicking on it and selecting Delete from the menu list.
Important Mail Alert checks all the in-coming messages for the alert text from your rules.
- When the e-mail you are waiting for arrives, the add-in shows an Important Mail Alert box on top of all applications you are working with.
Note. As soon as an email with alert text arrives, the add-in pane will change its color.
- Click on the See button to navigate to the add-in pane or close the message by clicking on the cross in its top right corner.
- Go to the Alerts tab to see all the messages that correspond to your criteria.
- You can open an e-mail by double-clicking on it. You will also see its contents if you right-click on the message and select Open from the menu list.
Tip. You can see the number of important letters as part of the Alerts link at the top of the add-in pane.
After you open an e-mail, its name will automatically grey out on the Important Mail Alert pane. If you just opened an e-mail but want to keep it unread in the list of notifications, you can mark the message as unread. Just right-click on the e-mail and pick the Mark As Unread option.
You can mark a message as read the same way.
Once you see your important message, you can delete alerts from the add-in pane.
If you want to remove an alert, hover your mouse pointer above it and click on the cross that will appear next to it or select an item in the list and press the Delete key. You can also right-click on the notification and pick Delete from the menu list.