Find Broken Links for Microsoft Excel
Searching for broken links in your Excel table
Find Broken Links for Microsoft Excel is a smart add-in that scans your current worksheet for broken formula links. With this tool you can easily correct references to other Excel files to guarantee flawless summary worksheets.
Chain your linked files down
Let's imagine your manager keeps a summary workbook with product details and prices. This summary book has links to multiple different workbooks stored on a company's server or in the shared folders on employees' computers. When cell values change in these source spreadsheets, Excel automatically updates values in the manager's master table when it is opened.
The information pulled from other sources is important for tracking the employees' performance, calculating totals or making up reports. If the company migrates to another server, or if someone deletes, moves or renames their file, the report will not be compiled because formulas in the main table will try to use broken links to the source worksheets.
That's when Find Broken Links for Excel goes on the stage to ensure that your linking data refer to the valid files.
Find and fix weak links in your Excel tables
There can be hundreds of external references in your table. You need to see if they all are valid and fix the broken links in Excel. One of the questions you may have is HOW? You can play with the question for a while or you can use the Find Broken Links add-in: just open the linking workbook -> start the plug-in and click the Find links button.
Voila! All your links are accurately displayed on the pane where you can easily see the location, file and folder they refer to, navigate to the linking cells in your table or open the linked source. Moreover you can edit the full path on the add-in pane and the changes will be applied to the entire master table.
With Find Broken Links for Excel you can
- See all links on the add-in pane.
- Search for all or only broken links.
- Navigate to the cells with formula links in your table.
- Open the source referenced in the link.
- Choose the correct server or disk name, folder or workbook your links refer to.
- Edit the spreadsheet names and cell addresses.
- Apply the changes you make on the add-in pane to all corresponding links in your table.
Find Broken Links for Excel screenshots
With this tool you can easily track and handle formula links in Excel
Choose the correct server or disk name, folder or workbook your links refer to
This add-in comes as part of Ultimate Suite - 40+ professional tools for Microsoft Excel
Download and try Ultimate Suite without any limitations for 20 days.
- Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed.
If you need to install the add-in for a group of users, or on a Terminal Server (servers farm) please see Corporate deployment
- Desktop Excel included in Office 365
- Microsoft Excel 2013 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Excel 2010 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- Microsoft Excel 2003
- ABOUT US