Select by Value & Color for Microsoft Excel
Select identical cells in all workbooks based on their value and/or color
Select by Value & Color for Excel is a simple-yet-helpful tool that highlights all cells with the same value or background color.
Pick duplicate cells in Excel based on their value and/or color
Whether you want to highlight the same entry in two different Excel workbooks or need to visualize the difference between two tables, the Select by Value & Color add-in will help you.
Using this simple tool for Excel you can find all cells with the same conditional format, highlight duplicate values across multiple sheets, find all cells with the same text like employees' names or all cells with the same zip codes. These are just few examples of how this plug-in can help.
How to select cells with the same value and/or background color in Excel
It can hardly be easier, you don't need to sort, filter or use the Find option. Just click on the needed cell, press Select and voila - all identical cells are highlighted.
- Pick the source cell with the needed color or entry in your Excel table.
- Select where you want to search identical cells from the drop-down list:
- Active sheet. Pick this option to select all duplicate cells or colors in the current worksheet.
- Active book. Display all duplicate cells or same backgrounds scattered across the current workbook.
- All books. Highlight same cells across all open workbooks in Excel.
- Tick the checkbox By value to select all cells based on their entry. Choose the By color option to show all cells with this background color. You can select both checkboxes for the exact results.
- Press the Select button to see all cells with certain value or background color highlighted.
Now you can delete the found cells or change their background color for further processing.
Select by Value & Color for Microsoft Excel system requirements:
- Desktop Excel included in Office 365
- Microsoft Excel 2013 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Excel 2010 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- Windows 10 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- .NET Framework 4.0 must be installed.
If you need to install the add-in for a group of users, or on a Terminal Server (servers farm) please see Corporate deployment
Select by Value & Color version
Current add-in version: 1.0.1
published on: Jun 26, 2015
End-User License Agreement (EULA).