Trim Spaces for Microsoft Excel
Trimming leading and trailing spaces in Excel worksheets
The Trim Spaces for Microsoft Excel add-in will quickly remove leading and trailing spaces from your worksheets. Follow three simple steps to have your Excel table ready for further work.
Free tool that removes extra spaces in your worksheet
When you import data in Microsoft Excel from an external data source, it often comes with some extra spaces. These spaces are invisible and, in fact, present no problem unless you have to process the data further, say in order to remove duplicates. If you try to do this using either the standard Excel function, no duplicate entries will be found, though you definitely know they do exist in your worksheet. The reason is obvious - excess spaces that you are not even aware of. This is when the Trim Spaces add-in comes in handy. Simply install this free tool and run it whenever you come across the issue.
If your cells have more than just leading and trailing spaces:
Extra spaces between the words, non-breaking spaces, other formatting issues like numbers stored as text or words written in a wrong case can all hamper your work with data in Excel. In this case your best aid is the Cell Cleaner add-in.
Besides cleaning up cells in your worksheets, this advanced tool can process larger volumes of data as it supports all Excel versions from 2003 to 2010 32- and 64-bit.
How to delete excess spaces in Excel: 3 easy steps
- In your Microsoft Excel worksheet, select the cells, columns or rows from which you want to remove excess spaces.
- Start the Trim Spaces by clicking on its icon, or go to the Excel Ribbon Ablebits.com -> Trim Spaces for Excel.
- Click the "Run" button and enjoy the results!
See also the most popular add-ins for Excel
- If you want to match and merge data from two Excel spreadsheets, check out Merge Tables Wizard.
- Combine Rows Wizard perfectly joins all values from duplicate rows into one by the selected key columns.
- To dedupe a single table, or compare two Excel worksheets and remove duplicates, use the Duplicate Remover add-in.
Works exceptionally well.
Allows more precise string extraction when mining sentences and parts of words using Excel functions and database commands. ghenley
Simple, fast, amazingly useful for auto-formatting data.
It's available when I need it as a main menu item (Ablebits.com) in Excel, works simply, quickly on multiple columns to eliminate extraneous spaces from spreadsheet cells. It's all good. Oh yeah, and it's free! Greg Hatt
I absolutely LOVE your program.
I absolutely LOVE your program. I use Duplicate Remover and Trim Spaces on an hourly basis. I export reports from a software program we use and AbleBits has taken the frustration out of cleaning up the mess that they give me. I recommended you to our IT Company to let their clients know about it and if I find out someone uses Excel I tell them that your program is a definite "must have". Thank you so much, you have shaved countless hours off of my workload. Jeannie C.
You have saved me a huge amount of time
I just wanted to say well done for developing such a fantastic program and you have saved me a huge amount of time. Oh and it worked perfectly :) Many Thanks Matthew.
Trim Spaces for Excel system requirements:
- Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Excel 2010 32-bit
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- Microsoft Excel 2003
- Microsoft Excel XP (2002)
- Microsoft Excel 2000
Trim Spaces version
Current add-in version: 1.3.7
published on: Jun 20, 2013
- ABOUT US