Fuzzy Duplicate Finder for Microsoft Excel
Search similar records in Excel, fuzzy lookup and match
If you have worksheets and workbooks with similar records that differ in one or a few characters, use Fuzzy Duplicate Finder to quickly solve a fuzzy match problem in Excel.
Lookup fuzzy dupes in Excel
Fuzzy Duplicate Finder provides a number of options to perform a fuzzy match in Excel. It lets you tweak the search process depending on your particular type of data and your needs:
- You can search for similar records in the whole list, column or a selected range.
- You can split data in each cell into words to look up and match words separately. This is very convenient when, for instance, you are working with a list of addresses that are not divided into different columns but each address is written in one cell. When you tick this option, the Fuzzy Duplicate Finder add-in will process the names of streets, cities and countries separately and pinpoint all possible fuzzy matches that may be there, even if they differ just in one symbol like st. and str. With this option, you can specify any delimiter, e.g. space or comma.
- You can exclude from search cells or words with fewer than the specified number of characters, e.g. if you are working with a list of names, you will most likely want to omit salutations and courtesy titles like Dr., Mr., Ms. etc.
- You can choose to correct the same values written in a different case, e.g. Outlook, outlook, OUTLOOK, or keep them as they are.
- And finally, you can export found data to another worksheet for comfortable reviewing.
If your task is to search similar records in Excel, Fuzzy Duplicate Finder will do the job perfectly. This add-in is purposed for finding partial duplicates, i.e. fuzzy Excel matches that differ in one or several symbols.
If you want to find exact duplicates, please use Duplicate Remover for Excel.
How to find and remove all typos in your workbooks
With Fuzzy Duplicate Finder you can quickly find all sorts of similar values, typos and misspelled words. You just specify the number of different characters for a particular search, from 1 to 10, and our fuzzy lookup add-in finds all approximate matches in your Excel spreadsheets, whether they have omitted, excess or mistyped symbols.
The found results are displayed in the neat pane, which can be located in the left or right part of your workbook, whichever is more comfortable for you. You see all found fuzzy matches in Excel at a glance organized by duplicate groups.
Search for similar records in Excel
- Open the Duplicate Finder pane by clicking on the add-in's icon.
- If you are searching for similar data (fuzzy duplicates) in a single column, place a cursor on any cell of that column. To look up within several columns or a range of cells, just select them.
- Specify the maximum number of different characters, from 1 to 10.
- If you want to exclude short words or numbers from search, use the Exclude cells /words with fewer than option to specify the minimum number of characters.
- Finally, you decide whether you want to handle the content of each cell as a whole, or split it into separate words and have each word processed individually. If the latter, just check the Split cell data into words option.
- Click "Search for Typos" button.
The add-in quickly produces a list of possible fuzzy matches grouped by duplicate nodes.
Correct fuzzy duplicates
Fuzzy lookup returned the matches and you have a list of similar records found in your Excel 2010 worksheets. Now you only need to look through the errata to decide which dupes to delete, which ones to correct and which to keep. When you click on any found value in the Duplicate Finder pane, the corresponding cell in your worksheet gets selected automatically so that you can see where this entry is actually located.
You can choose to correct all similar data in a node at once, correct only some of them or just one record. Please see our online help for detailed step-by-step instructions:
Fuzzy Duplicate Finder for Excel system requirements:
If you need to install the add-in for a group of users, please see Corporate deployment.
Operating System: Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012.
NET Framework 2.0 must be installed.
Microsoft Excel: Excel 2013 (32- and 64-bit), Excel 2010 (32- and 64-bit), Excel 2007, Excel 2003,
Current add-in version: 4.2.2, published on: Nov 04, 2013.
See how Fuzzy Duplicate Finder can help you
You can view the video in the fullscreen mode by clicking
Fuzzy Duplicate Finder screenshots
Fuzzy matches in Excel are grouped by duplicate nodes
Set the correct value to similar records in 2 clicks
You can enter the correct value
Export the found data to a new workbook
- ABOUT US