Click on the Note&Do icon to open the application.
Note&Do works for Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. All the changes you make to the notes will be automatically applied to them in all applications.
You can easily create a new note on the Notes tab using one of the following 4 ways:
- Double-click anywhere on the Notes tab, you will see a new note in the edit mode. Type in the information you want and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right-click on the pane and select the option to Add a new note from the menu. You will see the note in the edit mode. Type in the necessary data and press Enter to finish up.
- If you have some text in your file that you want to take a note of, just highlight and drag-and-drop it anywhere on the Note tab. You'll see a new note with the text you dragged.
Tip. If you want to bring the data from the note into your MS Office file, just drag and drop it where you need in the document, e.g. you can insert Excel formulae this way.
- You can also have a note created if you copy the information you need, right-click on the Notes tab and then select the Paste option from the context menu. This will create a new note with the value you copied.
You can change the note using either of these options:
- Click on the note text and make the necessary corrections. Press Enter to finish up.
- Right-click on the note and select the Edit option in the context menu. Edit the contents and click the Enter key on your keyboard.
To quickly distinguish certain notes on the pane you can categorize them by color:
- Right -click on the note and select the Category option in the context menu.
- You will see a list of colors to choose from. Click on the color you want and the selected note will take it.
By default the new notes are shown in all Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. You can choose to have some notes shown only in certain Office applications.
You can unpin the notes from the applications where they are irrelevant:
- Right-click on the note.
- Click on the name of the application(s) where you need to switch the note off.
The application name will become greyed out and the note will no longer be shown in it.
Thus if you want to see the note only in Word and Outlook, just unselect Excel and PowerPoint applications from the note.
Note. If you unpin the note from the application you are in, the note will give you a warning. Confirm action and the note will no longer be displayed on the pane in this application.Tip. If you need application-specific notes, you can use To Do list instead as the tasks refer to the application where you create them.
While the notes are stacked on top of one another, it can be useful to have some of them at the front and some on the background.
- To bring a note to front, either click on it or right-click on it and choose the Bring to Front option.
- If a small note is hidden behind a bigger one, you can send the bigger note to back by right-clicking on it and selecting the Send to Back option
- To move a note, place the mouse pointer at the top of the note or over the note border until it changes to cross-like arrows.
- Left-click and hold then drag the note where you need.
If you want to arrange all your notes on the pane to make them look even and neat, you can do it automatically. Right-click on the pane and select the Auto arrange notes option in the context menu.
- To change note size, place the mouse pointer over the lower right corner of the note until it turns into a double-sided arrow.
- Left click and hold then drag the border line till you get the wanted note size.
Tip. You can also make a note take its default size. Right-click on the note and pick the Auto size option from the menu. The note will take its default size.
You can use one of the following ways to delete a note:
- Click on the cross in the top right corner of the note.
- Right-click on it and select the Delete option in the context menu.
You can clear the pane by deleting all notes at once.
To do this, right- click on the pane and select Delete all notes from the menu.
- ABOUT US