- Open the Excel table where you need to find links and run the add-in by clicking on its icon .
- Tick the Broken only checkbox if you want the tool to display only invalid links on the pane.
- Press the Find links in this workbook button to run the search.
You will see the found links on the add-in pane displayed in a tree view.
If you don't tick the Broken only checkbox, all links will be presented in two groups: Valid and Broken.
The linked files can be stored on a company server, on your co-workers' shared disks or folders. In this case the location will be listed first for a given group of links on the add-in pane.
- If you need to change the location, click on the Select location button next to its name.
- You will see the Find Broken Links in Excel window where you can select the correct server or disk from the list. You can also type the location name by double-clicking on it and entering the current title. Just click Enter when you finish typing. Or you can right-click on the location name and select the Edit option from the menu.
If the folder with the linked file has been removed or renamed, you can set the right source folder.
You will get the Change Source: window where you can select the location, folder and workbook at once.
- Click on the Select folder button next to the folder name you need to change.
- You will see the Browse For Folder window where you can select the correct folder. You can also type the name of the correct folder by double-clicking on the line with the folder name you want to change. Click Enter to finish editing. One more way to edit the folder name is to right-click on it in the list and select the Edit option from the menu.
Please follow these steps if you want to change the linked workbook name:
- Click on the Select workbook button next to its name.
- You will see the Change Source: window where you can select the correct linked workbook. You can also type the name of the correct workbook by double-clicking on the book name and clicking Enter to confirm. Or you can right-click on the workbook name and select the Edit option from the menu.
To edit a worksheet name, double-click the necessary entry in the list and type the correct name. Then click Enter on your keyboard to save the changes.
You can also change a sheet name if you right-click on it and select the Edit option from the menu.
To update the cell address, double-click on the address you want to change in the list and type the correct one. Click Enter to save the result.
One more way to edit a cell address is to right-click on it and select the Edit option from the menu.