Counting characters in Excel
How to count words and characters in Excel 2016, 2013-2007
Cell Cleaner will help you with counting the number of words and characters in your Excel worksheet. Use the Extract Text tool to never exceed the limit in the number of characters in cells.
Count all or specific characters and words in Excel
- Click on the Extract Text icon to display the add-in pane.
- Expand the Count characters or words group.
- Select the range of cells where you want to count words or characters.
- Select the radio button that corresponds to your task.
- Counts characters. Get the number of characters in the selected cells.
- Count custom characters. Enter the characters and get how many times they occur in the highlighted range.
- Count words. Pick this option if you want to counts all words.
- Tick the Insert as formula checkbox to paste the resulting numbers as the LEN function and recalculate them if the source data change.
- You can preview the results on the add-in pane without pasting them to your worksheet.
- Press the Extract button to see the Excel character count results next to the selected cells.