Clear formatting in Excel
How to remove formatting from the selected cells in Excel
Cell Cleaner for Excel is really good at trimming data imported from an external source. One of other handy features it has is the ability to change case in Excel 2016,2013-2007.
How to remove formatting in your Excel table
To make your Excel worksheets look professional, we apply various background and text colors, fonts, Conditional Formatting rules, borders and so on to the entire cells or part of cell content. However, sometimes it's necessary to remove all formatting. On this page you'll find how to clear all formatting from the selected range.
- Click on the Clear Formatting button under the Ablebits Data tab.
- To clear formatting in Excel, select the following check-boxes separately or in combination.
- Number format – reset the format in the selected cells to General.
- Alignment – tick this check-box to apply the General and Bottom text alignment in Excel.
- Font – clear the font and its size to Calibri 11 pt.
- Background color – remove any fill color from the selected cells.
- Text color – the text color will be reset to Automatic.
- Conditional Formatting – remove all Conditional Formatting rules from the selected range in Excel.
- Borders – clear all borders.
- Press the Clear button and see the result.
Whether you need to remove formatting from the selected cells or from the entire table in Excel, the Clear Formatting tool will complete this task in seconds.