Random Sorter for Microsoft Excel
Random Sorter for Microsoft Excel - shuffle and randomly select data
- Open the Random Sorter pane by clicking on its icon .
- You can simply select the range with the data you want to shuffle in your Excel worksheet. You will see the address of the selected range in the Data Range field at the top of the pane.
- To shuffle or select data in several columns or a block of cells, just select them.
- You can also select a range by clicking on the select range icon next to the Data Range field at the top of the pane.
- You can shuffle or select data in several ranges at the same time. Select them by holding the Ctrl key. But please keep in mind that the values in all ranges are shuffled or selected independently. So if you would like to select 3 random rows and you have more than one range, 3 rows will be selected within each range you select.
- Click on the arrows of the Shuffle (sort randomly) section to open it on the Random Sorter pane.
- In your Microsoft Excel worksheet, select the range with the values that you want to sort randomly. For more details see How to select a range.
- Select the sorting option that suits you best:
- If you choose the Cells in each row option, then cell values within the selected rows will be shuffled.
- By ticking Cells in each column, you get cell values within the selected columns sorted at random.
- The Entire rows option means that the whole rows in the selected range will be randomly mixed.
- If you select Entire columns, then whole columns in the selected range will be randomized.
- After choosing the All cells in the range option you will have all values within the selected range randomly mixed.
- You can exclude header rows from the sorting if you have any. Just tick the Exclude header rows check box and specify the number of rows in the Exclude header rows field.
- Click the Sort button.
- Expand the Select randomly section by clicking on the arrows next to the Select randomly section on the Random Sorter pane.
- Select the range with the values that you want to select at random in your Excel worksheet. For more details see How to select a range.
- Select the option that suits you best:
- You can select some number of random rows in your Excel table.
- You can select a certain number or percentage of random columns in your worksheet.
- Or you can select some random cells in the selected range(s).
- You can specify the number or percentage of rows, columns or cells that you want to select. You can enter the necessary value into the percentage or number fields. You can also set these values by clicking up and down arrows next to the Percentage or Number fields respectively.
- You can exclude header rows from the selection if you have any. To do it, select the Exclude header rows option and set the number of header rows you need to strike off.
- Click the Select button.
- ABOUT US