Join multiple Excel cells into one
Combine Excel cells, columns and rows keeping all values
Merge Cells is an add-in for Microsoft Excel that can combine multiple text cells in a snap. Merge Cells Wizard can be used each time you need to join values from several cells to one , when you need to merge several cells keeping all data.
- Select the columns you want to merge in Excel worksheet.
- Click the Merge Cells Wizard icon .
- Click on the down arrow next to the Merge selected cells field and select row by row from the drop-down list.
- If you want to have the merged values separated by a comma, space or any other character, you can choose the separator in the Separate values with section. There is a set of standard separators to choose from; just select the one you need.
If you want to use a different character or a character set, enter it in the Other field. The values you enter in the Other field are saved. Next time you use the add-in, you can see them in the Other drop-down list.
- To select the location for the resulting values, click the arrow next to the Place the results to field. You will see a drop-down list with two options: left cell and right cell.
- Check the Clear the contents of selected cells checkbox to delete the values in the selected cells after merging them.
- If you want to combine the selected cells by row, tick the Merge all areas in the selection checkbox.
- To avoid empty values in the results, exclude empty cells from join by checking the Skip empty cells option.
- If you want to wrap the text in the cell with the results, check the Wrap text check box.
- If you want to keep a copy of the existing worksheet as is, check the Create a backup copy of the worksheet check box. A new worksheet with a copy of your original data will appear in the workbook after the merge.
- Click the Merge button button to combine values from the Excel cells.
- Select the rows you want to join in Excel workbook.
- Next to the Merge selected cells field, click on the down arrow and select column by column from the drop-down list.
- Select a delimiter if you want to have the combined cell values separated.
- Select the location for the resulting values in the Place the results to field. It can be the top cell or the bottom cell of each column in the selected range.
- Choose additional options and click the Merge button.
- In your Excel worksheet, select the text cells you want to combine into one cell.
- In the Merge selected cells field, select in one cell.
- Choose the necessary separator.
- In the Place the results to field, select the location for the results:
- The top-left corner
- The top-right corner
- The bottom-left corner
- The bottom-right corner of the selected range
- Pick the necessary additional options and click the Merge button to combine multiple text cells into one.
- ABOUT US