Comments Manager for Microsoft Excel
How to add, copy, export and modify cell comments
You can easily add a new comment to the selected cell.
- Select the cell in your table that needs a comment.
- Type or copy/paste the comment text in the special field on the add-in pane.
That's it, the comment is already there. You can make sure of this by placing the mouse cursor to some other cell.
Please follow these steps to edit a comment:
- Select the cell with the comment you want to edit or pick this comment from the list on the add-in pane. You will immediately see the comment contents at the top of the pane.
- Make the necessary changes. They will be saved automatically when you move to another cell.
You can easily navigate among multiple comments in your table.
If you need to go to the cell with a particular comment, just click on this comment in the list on the Comments Manager pane.
To navigate to the next or previous comment in the sheet, just use the up and down arrow buttons on your keyboard.
- To delete a comment, select it in the list of comments on the add-in pane. You can also pick the cell with it in your table and select it on the add-in pane.
- Click the Delete icon on the add-in toolbar.
You can also press the Delete button on your keyboard to remove the comment.
It is possible to copy a comment to another cell or range.
- Click on the comment you want to copy in the list on the add-in pane or select the cell with it in your table.
- Click the Copy icon on the toolbar.
- Select a destination cell or range in the table where you need to have the selected comment.
You can select multiple non-adjacent cells by keeping the Ctrl button on your keyboard pressed.
- Click on the Paste icon on the Comments Manager toolbar to have this comment for all the selected cells.
If you need to complement a commented cell with the text from the comment, for example, for printing, benefit from the Add comment text to the cell option.
- Select the cell that contains the comment text to be added.
- Click on the Comment to Cell icon and pick Add comment text to the cell.
The text from the comment will appear at the end of the cell contents.
If your comment becomes more important than the cell text, you can overwrite the cell contents with the comment text:
- Click on the cell with the contents you need to replace with its comment text.
- Click on the Comment to Cell icon and pick Replace cell contents with comment text.
The text from the comment will replace the cell contents.
You can drag and drop comment text from the add-in pane to any cell in your table to replace its contents.
If you need to complement a comment with the text from the cell, benefit from the Add cell text to the comment option.
- Select a cell with the text you want to add to its comment.
- Click on the Cell to Comment icon and pick Add cell text to the comment.
- If you need to overwrite the comment contents with the cell text, select the corresponding cell in your table.
- Click on the Cell to Comment icon and pick the Replace comment contents with cell text option.
You can add picture, author, date or time to a comment using the Insert option on the add-in toolbar.
- Inserting a picture into a comment may be especially helpful for product lists. Instead of entering a product description you can simply insert its image as a comment.
To insert a picture comment, select a cell and click on the Insert icon. Then pick the Insert Picture option from the list.
You will see the Select Picture window where you can browse for the necessary image.
- If you want to add something to a comment, you can add author, current date or time. Just select a cell and click on the Insert icon. Pick the needed option from the list.
Then you can type your addition to the comment text.
If you want to get a list of all comments in a separate workbook, take advantage of the Export button in the bottom left corner of the add-in pane.
After pressing the Export button, the comments will be copied to another workbook. The new table will have 2 columns: Cell address and Comment text.
- ABOUT US